super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Noticing My World

Hello Super-Stars! I hope you are all doing well! I want to tell you the story about a chance meeting I had the other day while I was running errands. As I was going back to my vehicle, I noticed a man standing next to the passenger side of a pick-up truck, which was parked next to my car and his door was slightly ajar. I said hello and smiled as I passed, but the door of his truck was impeding my being able to open my door, so I turned back around to say, "excuse me, but I need to close your door slightly in order to open mine." Well, he smiled and motioned for me to see his puppy Pit Bull in the back of the truck. I love dogs and asked if it was friendly and, of course, it was. That puppy gave me no less that ten minutes of unbridled love. He was one of the sweetest puppies I have ever encountered! You often hear how Pit Bulls get a bad reputation for many reasons, but I'm a believer now...they are not all bad!

In the meantime, I was talking to this gentleman as his puppy was being all happy about meeting me, and I found out that this nice man was a poet and had just copyrighted a book of poems. I told him how wonderful I thought that was and that I too wrote poetry on occassion. Well, he proceeded to recite some of his poems for me...WOW...were they inspiring! His face shone as he told me those poems and they really touched my spirit. He said he hadn't found a publisher as yet, so I told him about self-publishing companies and how they might be able to help him get his book on the market. I gave him my card and told him I would be glad to help him find some reputable contacts. I hope he is successful in his endeavors. By the way, this man's name is Cary. (I hope I got the spelling correct.)

Between the kindness of this man and the overwhelming love his dog gave me, my day was brightened beyond anything I could have expected. It occured to me that I had been "Noticing My World," but...so had he. So, thank you, Cary, for making my day, and give TiTi and extra biscuit from me. May God bless you both.

In love, light and, with much appreciation,
Glenna :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you are doing is such an asset to the Universe. You are very gifted, Glenna, and using it very well. Thank you for putting the effort into giving a piece of your love to thoes around you. I appreciate you!