super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Monday, February 4, 2008

Love, Civility and Peace

Hello Super-Stars! I hope you had a great weekend! February is the month of love with St. Valentine's day, but it is also Black History month, which speaks directly to one of the missions of this blog; promoting civility. Of course, treating ALL people with civility and respect should come naturally, regardless of someone's station or life situation. When we promote civility, it comes from love which, in turn, engenders peace in the process. Love, Civility and Peace...what a concept...oh, that's right...that's the whole point!

What can you do to change a belief you have that may be long-standing? Are you so hardwired in your beliefs that a Mack truck couldn't budge you? I know some people are set in their ways and that's okay...it's their choice...everything we do is by choice. However, if we want to continue to learn and grow, which is why we have this amazing ability to think; I would say you must have had many times in your life in which you have rethought your position or opinion on an issue and changed your mind. I have found that my outlook of the world around me and, the world at-large, is an ever changing and evolving view; that my opinions are challenged and sometimes changed by another's point-of-view or argument and, I readily let them know that they have effected a change in my stance. I continually question my own belief system in order to stay open to change. I believe that being open-minded to thought provoking discussion is an important element to my growth as an individual.

So I ask you...please make the effort to consider that change of thought and belief is possible; that you are on a continually evolving journey; that there are three sides to every coin - a front - a back - and the edge. Sometimes you have to look around the edge to see what is really going on and it may surprise you to find that it's not necessarily what you always thought or believed would be there. Please be nice to one another and spread love, civility and peace. It's worth the effort!

Think - Live - Be - A Super-Star!

With love, light and, much appreciation,

Glenna :-)

No comments: