super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Friday, February 1, 2008

Love

Hello Super-Stars! Happy Friday and, Happy February! The month for love...St. Valentine's day...chocolate, flowers, a meaningful card, a romantic dinner...a time for love to be sure! I remember when I was a child, my parents bought me Valentine's cards to give out to all of my classmates who were of the opposite sex. That was embarrassing...at least for me! I had crushes on all the girls...the boys were better for playing army or Tarzan...I didn't want any of them to think I really wanted them to be "My Valentine." But that was the tradition back then, so I had to comply. Never having had children myself, I wonder if they still exchange cards in elementary school? Any answers on that one? I await your response.

Of course, back then, I didn't realize why I had crushes on the girls. During the 1960's, and before, most children didn't know why they were "different," however, I knew I was always a "tomboy." To the bane of my Mother, who always wanted me to wear my pretty dresses; I wanted to wear my dungarees (that's what they called blue jeans back in the dark ages) and my older brother's t-shirts; which he still gives me a hard time about...but with teasing love. I didn't find out the truth until the summer of 1975 after graduating from high school. Wow, was that ever a wake-up call! When you figure out that you're gay, it takes a while for your brain to catch-up to that "a-ha" moment and what the heck it really means...especially back in those days. Although, I'm not so sure successive generations are having it any easier!

Love comes in many forms and I hope, that as a Super-Star, you are open-minded enough to realize that love rules. God is love and love is God. Sounds simple enough, but so much hate is generated because of gay love that I have to wonder why? The same was, and still is to some degree, true for interracial couples. Again, I ask why? If two people love each other, as a man and a woman might, what difference does it make if the two are of the same gender or different ethnic backgrounds? Perhaps this is a subject that will generate some interesting commentary. I await your replies...please keep it clean and positve!

Think - Live - Be - A Super-Star!

With love and light,
Glenna :-)

No comments: