super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sportsmanship

Hello Super-Stars! I hope you are all doing well. I got home not long ago from a night out at a local pub where they had a "Ladies Night Pool Tournament." I joined in the fun and met some wonderful women and had a grand time! Everyone was welcoming, friendly and enjoying the competition. It truly was a nice reprieve from my usual Wednesday night routine!

These ladies conducted themselves with respect for others, with good humor and in-line with what one would expect in a competitive environment. I believe everyone enjoyed themselves but, I was most impressed with the level of sportsmanship that was displayed by all concerned. Sportsmanship is defined as being either a gracious winner or a good loser...this was certainly the atmosphere that was created by their actions. I think it bodes well for the continued growth of this group of women congregating to shoot pool and socialize. I will definitely be back...I look forward to the adventure and making new friends.

I am writing about this because it speaks directly to the element of spreading civility as I have put forth within my mission statement. It proves that people can, and do, act with kindness and respect, with open hearts and minds, with humor and good will and, most of all, with honor. I was delighted to be allowed the opportunity to join the group. So, thank you ladies...I had a great time!


In love, light and, with much appreciation,
Glenna :-)

p.s. A shout out to Diane for running the tournament and, to Kenny for allowing the ladies to take over the pool tables for the night. Also, I'll be sure to bring my own cue stick next time :-)

No comments: