super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Growing-Up

Hello Super-Stars! I hope you are all doing well. I have come to realize that growing-up, or maturing, is a lifelong process. Whether you are at the beginning of your teen years, or in your twenties or thirties and beyond, there is an on-going process of realization that perhaps you may have behaved in an inappropriate manner. This realization is a key ingredient to the maturing process. Making amends and admitting those regressions to the people they have affected is paramount to growing-up and making adjustments. The thoughts, words and actions you choose and display in this process will directly steer you toward the kind of person you want to become; only you can make the choices for yourself as to who you are and what needs to be done to achieve your goals.

When I was a teenager, I thought I knew everything and that my parents did not. It dawned on me in my early twenties that perhaps I was mistaken in that belief and I readily apologized to my parents for my actions as a teenager. It is now that I realize my parents had already been teenagers themselves and that they knew much more than I gave them credit for and, that each generation goes through the same rites of passage as they grow into young adults. I have found that the notion that we are "All grown-up" because we have reached our twenties is continually challenged as I get older. When we finally realize maturing is a lifelong process, we are able to forgive ourselves, and others, for perceived mistakes and make amends in order to move on in life without guilt.

Learning the truth about how our own thoughts, words and actions really do affect ourselves and each other is an enlightening and powerful experience. The fact that we are, for the most part, all on the same journey we call "Life," gives us the opportunity to acknowledge how similar we are and, in that spirit of togetherness, that we are all at various levels of maturity; which is not necessarily determined by chronological age, but rather by each person's willingness to discover and grow with the lessons of "Life." Living a Super-Star life is a good place to start...the Universe will gratefully accept the positive choices we make!

Think - Live - Be - A Super-Star!

In love & light and, with much appreciation,
Glenna :-)

No comments: