super star park
homeaboutcalendarspecial workshop requestssuper star blogproductslinkscontact

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Friendship

Hello Super-Stars! I hope you are all doing well. I wrote a blog posting about friendship on April 28, 2008. I must admit that I have not done a very good job of staying in touch with my friends, nor have I spent much time since then cultivating new friendships, as I advocated so doing in that blog. Today, my best friend from High School, is celebrating a birthday or, more likely, bemoaning getting older. We have had our ups and downs over the years...I would say most of the "downs" were when we were young and ignorant...hmmm, I guess getting older does have its advantages. Anyhow, this blog posting is dedicated to my friend Curt.

Remember, my friend, that a laugh is just a call away; that my shoulders are always strong enough to carry your burdens for awhile; that the memories we share will always be treasured ones; that just the sound of your voice can make me smile; that your secrets are still in my vault; that you are still on a pedestal as far as I'm concerned; that I think of you often and wonder how you are and what you might be doing; that knowing we still stay in touch, after all these years, means the world to me; that you are loved more than you know; that I will always be here for you; that I love that when we talk, we seem to simply pick up the conversation where we left off; that today of all days is special because you were brought into the world; and, had that not happened, who knows where I would be...your friendship changed my life...even saved my life...it certainly made High School bearable.

Today, my best friend from High School will become older than me for just over a month. Yes, I know, I must respect my elders...LOL. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Curt!!! You're the best and I know with age you are getting better...just like a smooth French Cognac or bottle of fine wine. With some things, older is better. THANK GOD! By the way, perhaps it's time we set-up at least a monthly weekend phone call to keep our friendship alive and fresh. Then, we will be able to honor the friendship that got us through High School and beyond. Love ya. Ciao!

In love & light and, with much appreciation,
Glenna :-)

1 comment:

Asa-Thor said...

Thanks! This is a very special b-day present. I will remember this and it is the best. I love you forever, and never forget that I am here for you whenever you need me. Later and Ciao! //c//